What is Stephen Ministry?
One – to – One Ministry by trained, caring Lay Ministers who have responded to Christ’s call to “carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” Gal. 6:2
What is a Stephen Minister?
A Stephen Minister is…
- A child of God who walks beside a hurting person
- A caring Christian friend who really listens
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care
A Stephen Minister is not…
- A counselor or therapist
- A problem solver
- A casual visitor
What is Stephen Ministry for?
- Loss of a spouse
- Retirement changes
- Separation and divorce
- Terminal illness
- Being shut-in
- Most of life’s struggles
What does Stephen Ministry provide?
- Someone who cares
- Someone who supports
- Someone who listens
- Someone who shares
How can you be involved?
- Do you have the gift of mercy, encouragement, or intercession?
- Pray for our Stephen Ministers
- Help us stay sensitive to those who need caring support
- Help make others aware of the support system that is available
- Consider God’s direction as to whether you should become a Stephen Minister
Who can benefit?
Anyone going through difficult times who needs someone to care, listen, and share God’s love with them on a one-to-one confidential basis.